Decorate and celebrate Dr. King this month by creating this AWESOME Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Craft and Writing Bulletin Board Bundle!
Click on the picture above for the link to this product!
For this lesson, I first begin by reading the book Martin’s Big Words. There is also a great read-aloud video on YouTube or United Streaming.
Prepping for the craft:
Open the MLK Craftivity File from the Zip File. Next, copy:
- shirt template on white cardstock.
- eyes, eyebrow, and mustache template onto white cardstock.
- lips/ tie template onto red cardstock / construction paper.
- face template onto brown cardstock / construction paper.
- Follow the step-by-step directions, and have your students do the rest!
Packet includes over 30 differentiated formats of various writing prompts for writers in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade. Also, as an added BONUS, letters to spell out “I HAVE A DREAM” are included in different formats (cloud and circle letters).
- Choose which prompt to display with craft.
- Use remaining prompts throughout the month of January!
These came out better than I imagined. If you like what you see, click on my TPT Store Link at the top of the page!